Back to English Comments News – January 10, 2019 | 08:04 am GMT+7 In Ha Giang in Vietnam’s northern mountains, poverty forces many kids to drop out, but the prospects of hot meals also entice some. It’s 11:20 a.m. Lunch time starts at the Chien Pho Secondary Boarding School in Hoang Su Phi District in Vietnam’s northern province of Ha Giang, a land of mountains, passes and rocks on the China border. The children do not waste any time. They quickly sit down, seek permission from their teachers, part of Vietnamese etiquette to show respect to elders, and begin to eat as fast as their little hands and mouths allow. Their food trays contain peanut roasted with salt, dried fish, fried eggs, and pumpkin soup besides as much rice as they want. In 15 minutes all are done with the meal. Most of the trays are clean with just a few having some remnants of fish or peanuts. Only for the last two days has Vang Thi Nga, an eighth grader, had the chance to sit with her boarder classmates and eat. Her close friend Ket, a boarder, had to take a few days off due to some family issue… Read full this story
- Conor McGregor in war of words with hip-hop artist 50 Cent
- 'Power' Prequel: Everything We Know About 50 Cent's Potential Spin Off 'TGE (The Golden Era)'
- 50 Cent and Starz react to death of
- Vermont looks to become first state to provide universal meals to public school students
- New midday meal menu in schools from today
- Due to mid-day meal workers' protest, schools to be deprived of meals for next four days
- 50 Cent -- NOT THE FATHER Of Baby #2 ... At Least On Birth Certificate
- 50 Cent -- I Didn't Kick My Baby Mama
- Ray J Shocks 50 Cent by Becoming Human Billboard at Promo Event
- Roddy Ricch Joins Kanye, 50 Cent & Biggie For Rare Honor Atop Hot 100 & Billboard 200
Where a 50-cent meal is good enough reason to go to school - VnExpress International have 320 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 10, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.