After Ha Mai underwent sex reassignment surgery in Thailand, she began suffering several complications in her genital area. But, like most of her peers, she was hesitant to go to a hospital. Apart from the ostracism, she also knew not all doctors are familiar with health problems common to transgender people. When she was going through her sex reassignment procedures, she bought her own medicine and also injected hormones on her own, not knowing how much was enough and the potential health implications in case of an overdose. But now, one public hospital in Saigon has the answers Ha Mai and others need. A month ago, the Binh Dan Hospital in District 3, Saigon, has opened a new clinic on its 6th floor, catering to members of the LGBT community, making it Vietnam’s first public medical facility to do so. Its service includes medical diagnosis and consultation, said Nguyen Ho Vinh Phuoc, a doctor with the hospital’s Department of Andrology, which oversees the new clinic. He said a diagnosis and consultation session in the clinic takes a long time, typically between 15 and 30 minutes, sometimes even 40. In the past, LGBT patients had to visit doctors in common clinics… Read full this story
- Vietnam-Iraq friendly scheduled ahead of World Cup qualifier match
- India in talks with China to provide relief to 250 stuck in Wuhan
- Congress hopes Union Budget 2020 will provide relief to salaried class, invest in rural India
- Cong hopes Budget will provide relief to salaried class, invest in rural India
- New regime will provide relief to those unable to use tax sops: Revenue secretary
- Slow economy provided relief to domestic coal production, keeping market in balance in 2019: WoodMac
- He Escaped ISIS to Lead NYC Pride: Subhi Nahas’s Fight for LGBT Refugees
- Election Night Brought a ‘Rainbow Wave’ of LGBT Victories. Will Change Follow?
- Indian nurse in Saudi ‘infected’; virus reaches Singapore, Vietnam
- What to know about Tet holiday in Vietnam?
Vietnam’s first LGBT-friendly clinic provides relief from illness and prejudice have 325 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 28, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.