January 15, 2019 | 09:25 am GMT+7
Vietnam (red) play S. Korea men’s football team at Asian Games in August 2018. Photo by VnExpress/Duc Dong
Vietnam and South Korea will play for the inaugural AFF-EAFF Champions Trophy in Hanoi in March as winners of their respective regional competitions.
Vietnam won the ASEAN Football Federation (AFF) Suzuki Cup and South Korea are the reigning champions of the East Asian Football Federation (EAFF) E-1 Football Championship.
The AFF and EAFF entered into an agreement last December to have their respective champions compete for the biennial Champions Trophy.
The Korea Football Association was quoted by the Korea Times as saying Vietnam’s coach Park Hang-seo wanted to move the clash to June due to a schedule conflict, but his Korea counterpart Paulo Bento already has plans for an international match for his team at that time. The KFA have said the match would go ahead on March 26 as scheduled.
Both teams are now playing in the AFC Asian Cup in the United Arab Emirates.
Last August Vietnam lost 1-3 to S. Korea in its first ever Asian Games semifinal.
This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions!
Việt Nam – Hàn Quốc
- Alves on target as PSG wins Champions Trophy
- Sebastian Vettel wins Race Of Champions trophy for the first time
- Road to the AFF Suzuki Cup 2016 heats up
- Asian Champions League moves into a new decade
- Over 2M up for grabs in biggest Clash of Clans tourney
- Neymar talk to one side as PSG, Monaco clash
- 6 Baguio students win academic Olympiad in South Korea
- Phoenix trophy named for Foyt
- Chinese hammer champion tests positive for dope
- BECKER BREEZES BOOKS NISHIKORI CLASH