Nic was a lovely child, though of course I’m prejudiced. I’m his father. According to the external barometers we often use to measure how our kids are doing, as Nic grew up – in California where we live – he was doing great. He was a good student, had good friends and his teachers described him as a leader. Nic did have to endure the trauma of his mother and my divorce (he was four), but he seemed to weather it well. Most important in my mind, he was kind, loving and moral. I found a bag of marijuana in Nic’s backpack when he was 11. It’s not that I was naive about drugs – I knew about the ubiquity and temptation (when I was a teenager I used many) – but Nic was so young. It broke my heart. What was going on? What I now know is that though on the outside it appeared that Nic was doing well, he suffered inside, plagued by self-doubt, anxiety and depression. Nic’s drug use escalated and, by the time he was 17, he’d tried pretty much every one you can name. He now says that everything changed for him when a… Read full this story
- Timothee Chalamet calls Zendaya 'inspiring' in a sweet message to his Dune co-star on her 24th birthday
- 'Love in the Time of Corona' came together thanks to robot cameras and real-life couples in quarantine
- Real-life hero of Hotel Rwanda movie 'was abducted in Dubai' his daughter claims after he was charged with 'baseless' terrorism offences
- From red carpet to real life...SUSANNA REID: Am I the only one baffled by the new back to school rules?
- Coming to a (small) screen near you... EastEnders bosses reveal how they are using real-life partners as intimate body doubles, CGI trickery and kissing through Perspex screens to film during COVID-19 crisis
- James Bond films - complete list of scenes inspired by creator Ian Fleming's real life
- Kerry Washington is 'so happy' people are watching her Netflix film American Son to 'deepen their compassion and understanding' amid protests
- Emmerdale’s real life couple Max Parker and Kris Mochrie show off amazing hotel room on first romantic holiday together
- These iconic Bond cars left us shaken and stirred – but how do they match up to the stars’ real-life motors?
- The charmed life of evangelist Jerry Falwell Jr before pool boy sex scandal: A $1million salary, sprawling Virginia farm and private jet trips to the Bahamas after he inherited Liberty University from his reverend father and turned it into a $3bn empire
The real life people behind Timothée Chalamet and Steve Carrell’s film Beautiful Boy have 435 words, post on www.theguardian.com at January 5, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.