White people in Leicestershire are more likely to be employed than black and minority ethnic people, analysis shows. Race equality think tank the Runnymede Trust says the ethnic employment gap is a “systemic” problem.Just 69% of BAME residents in Leicestershire are in work, according to the Office for National Statistics.For white people, the employment rate is 78%.Across Britain, 65% of BAME adults are employed, compared with 77% of white adults.The employment rate is the percentage of 16 to 64-year-olds that are in full or part time work.The latest figures show there are an estimated 44,200 BAME people and 373,900 white people in Leicestershire in that age range.Of those, 30,300 BAME adults are in work, compared with 291,800 white adults.The unemployment rate measures people aged 16 and over without a job, who have been actively seeking work within the last month and can start work within two weeks.In Leicestershire, 6.1% of BAME jobseekers aged over 16 are unemployed. For white people, the rate is 3.7%.Runnymede Trust director Dr Omar Khan said part of the gap is down to hiring discrimination.A recent Oxford University report showed that BAME jobseekers with the same qualifications as their white counterparts have to send 60% more… Read full this story
- Theresa May promotes women and ethnic minorities into Government, but faces accusations of 'tokenism'
- Hollywood still excludes women, ethnic minorities, LGBT and disabled people, says report
- Festival to honour cultural identities of H’mong ethnic minority people
- New project launched to protect ethnic minority groups’ cultural identities
- Kenya election: government accused of 'genocide' against ethnic minorities
- Traveller leader accuses politicians of 'open season on ethnic minorities'
- Iain Duncan Smith criticises employers over disability employment gap
- Brexit has revealed a divide that's here to stay
- An Giang strives to have 80 percent employed rural laborers
- Closing the Gap results show targets off track, PM says situation is 'unforgivable'
Revealed: the ethnic minority employment gap in Leicestershire have 309 words, post on www.harboroughmail.co.uk at January 24, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.