Major destinations include Southeast Asian nations such as Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Cambodia, and Laos.
Commissioned by the International Travel Trade Show (ITB) Berlin slated for March 6-10, the report said outbound trips in Asia increased by 8 percent during the first eight months of 2018, compared to 5 percent in 2017.
Martin Buch, President of Travel and Logistics for ITB Berlin, said the result shows that Asia continues to be the most important driving force of global tourism growth in recent years.
As the leading trade fair in global tourism, ITB Berlin attracted nearly 10,000 exhibitors from 186 countries and 170,000 visitors last year, including 110,000 commercial visitors. –VNA
- Gartner forecasts growing BI market
- Golf predictions: Forecasting the 2019-2020 PGA Tour Season
- How The World Was Won for Kuoni Travel Group
- IDC says big data spending to hit $48.6 billion in 2019
- Thailand cited as reason Vietnam shouldn’t host 2019 Asiad
- Dier to miss Tottenham's Asia tour following operation
- Asia Rugby Championship
- LaLiga & GCOX seal partnership for Asia and the Middle East
- World Cup 2019: Weather prediction for the next five games
- Japan Crown Prince Akishino declares 2019 World Cup open