Ninh Thuan (VNA) – BP Solar 1 solar power plant in the south central province of Ninh Thuan was inaugurated on January 20, becoming the first Vietnamese constructed project to get connected to the national grid so far.
Work on the 62-hectare plant started in June 2018 at a total cost of more than 1.31 trillion VND (56.32 million USD). The project, including transmission lines and transformation stations, was designed to generate some 74.45 million KWh per year.
According to Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Luu Xuan Vinh, the plant’s construction was completed earlier than the set plan, showing the determination and capacity of its investor- the BP Solar Join Stock Company.
He hoped that other investors of solar power projects will accelerate their work to connect to the national grid soon, making Ninh Thuan a renewable energy centre of the country.
Vinh also expressed his wish that the investors will pay due attention to creating jobs for local people a as well as implementing social welfare policies to improve local livelihoods.
To date, Ninh Thuan province is home to 25 solar power projects approved by the Prime Minister and the Ministry of Industry and Trade. The province is expected to attract capital to develop solar power projects with a total capacity of 3.912 MW between now and 2030.-VNA
- Two Energy Solutions - Solar Power Homes
- How to Build Homemade Solar Panels - 5 Steps to Saving $1000s With Solar Power
- How to Power Up Your Homes With Earth 4 Energy's Solar Power System and Windmill
- Solar Power Electricity - An Alternative For the Future
- Types Of Solar Power Systems For Private Or Commercial Use
- Solar Power and Feed in Tariffs
- Three Configurations of Residential Solar Power Systems You Could Consider
- Residential Solar Power Systems
- Residential Solar Power Basics
- Home Solar Power - Save Money With Your Own Home Solar Power System