In 2018, there were 790 cancelled flights, accounting for 0.3 percent of total flights. (Source: tapchigiaothong.vn)
According to the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam (CAAV), the four airlines operated a total of 296,516 flights during the year, up 9 percent compared to 2017.
Low-cost airline Vietjet had the highest number of delayed flights in 2018 with 18,746 out of 118,923 flights missing their schedule departure times, equivalent to 15.8 percent. This was an increase of 1.3 percent against the previous year.
The rate for national carrier Vietnam Airlines was 10.8 percent with 13,790 delayed flights out of the total 128,236 flights it operated.
Jetstar Pacfic reported 6,636 delayed flights, accounting for 18.5 percent.
Meanwhile, VASCO’s delay rate was only 3.4 percent, or 460 out of its 13,524 flights in the period.
In 2018, there were 790 cancelled flights, accounting for 0.3 percent of all flights.
According to CAAV, the late return of planes was the main cause of delays and cancellations. Other reasons included airports’ limited infrastructure and services, flight management and operation and weather and technical issues, the agency said.
- Logan Airport Reporting Flight Delays Of 5 Hours; 200+ Cancellations Due To Weather
- Live weather updates: Flight delays at Colorado Springs Airport after snow hits region
- Record Flight Delays
- Ho Ho Hover 500 Flights Delayed At LaGuardia Airport Thanks To Rain
- Flight delayed after passenger mistakes math for terrorist-writing
- Flight delayed after woman brings squirrel on plane
- FAA: Increase in sick leave causing flight delays
- Monday's traffic: Crash near Monument causing delays on I-25
- Death row executions remain near historic lows in 2018
- Two-Year Snowfall Slump in Rare Company for Denver as We near the End of 2018