A corner of Sri Lanka’s landscape and culture is reflected on Ceramic Road, Nghi Tàm Street, Hanoi. (From left) Artist Nguyễn Thu Thủy, Ambassador Hasanthi Dissanayake and other guests contemplate the mosaic. The mural was inaugurated on January 22 with participation of the Sri Lankan Embassy, city authorities, international artists and other foreign diplomats. The mosaic (1.6m by 12m) depicts Lion Rock, a UNESCO world heritage site in Sigiriya and one of the most impressive landscapes of Sri Lanka. The mosaic also presents a radiant peacock – a holy symbol in Sri Lankan epics – and a Ceylon leopard – a native species to Sri Lanka that is listed as endangered on the International Union for Conservation of Nature Red List. Hanoians and tourists to the capital can learn about daily life in Sri Lanka through the mosaic’s depiction of fishermen and traditional Kandyan dance to pray for a good crop. The artwork was designed by the Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau and installed by artist Nguyễn Thu Thủy, an initiator of the Hanoi Ceramic Road, which – at 3,850m long – is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the longest ceramic mural in the world. Sri… Read full this story
- Sri Lankan police apologize for dog wedding, where bomb-sniffing canines were dressed in shawls, hats, and socks in mock-matrimony
- Sri Lankan woman accused of casting spell on 13-year-old girl could face death
- Exhausted Pope Francis cancels meeting with Sri Lankan bishops in the island nation
- Dutch man survives 4,000-foot fall from World’s End cliff on Sri Lankan honeymoon
- Journey of love: Refugees who fled Sri Lanka amid civil war reflect on their new life together in Queens
- No room at shelters for additional refugees of deadly Sri Lanka landslide
- Buddhist monk sets himself on fire to protest slaughter of cattle in Sri Lanka
- Chinese tourist accused of swallowing $13,600 diamond at Sri Lanka fair
- @ISSUE: Should U.S. be melting pot or beautiful mosaic?
- NASA creates mosaic of Earth to celebrate the Cassini spacecraft's photo of our planet from Saturn
Mosaic reflecting Sri Lankan nature, culture inaugurated have 350 words, post on dtinews.vn at January 23, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.