Opening the event, Assistant Foreign Minister Pham Sao Mai said the programme was a chance for diplomats to gain an insight into Vietnam and seek partners to promote political, diplomatic, economic and cultural relations with the country. It was also an occasion for new ambassadors to connect with representatives of local ministries, sectors, organisations and enterprises, Mai said. The official added this year’s “Learning about Vietnam” programme was organised near the Lunar New Year – the biggest traditional festival – with a view to introducing international friends the history, culture, land and people of Vietnam, its economy and the country’s investment, trade and tourism promotion priorities. The participants also had a closer look at Vietnam’s political system and the apparatus, functions and tasks of the Foreign Ministry. Some ambassadors who have been in the country for a long time also shared their working experiences. During the programme, the participants visited Tuan Chau Hanoi eco-tourism complex in Quoc Oai district of the capital city to learn about the local cuisine and culture. First held in May 2015, the annual “Learning about Vietnam” programme has received strong support from many representative agencies of other countries and international organisations, thus contributing to Vietnam’s… Read full this story
- Forbes in Israel hails Vietnam’s political, economic, diplomatic achievements
- Relax foreign ownership restrictions, real estate developers propose
- Vietnam to quarantine 1,300 plus foreign oil experts on arrival
- COVID-19: Vietnam prioritises citizen protection
- Jamal Khashoggi: Does diplomatic immunity make it possible to get away with murder?
- Three decades of investment attraction victories in Vietnam
- Harnessing further FDI to Vietnam
- Foreigners 'treated fairly in virus fight'
- Russian expert: April 30 victory opens era of Vietnam’s international integration
- How Vietnam can establish further economic successes
“Learning about Vietnam” programme held for foreign diplomats have 291 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 24, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.