Ice causes disruption across UK as further freezing temperatures forecast BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Snow and ice have caused rail delays and school closures and forecasters have warned of even colder weather ahead overnight across the UK. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/ice-causes-disruption-across-uk-as-further-freezing-temperatures-forecast-37741832.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/article37741827.ece/c6aa1/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_ef5785a5-9823-4a5b-9c1c-dbd507a406d6_1 Email Snow and ice have caused rail delays and school closures and forecasters have warned of even colder weather ahead overnight across the UK. The Met Office said temperatures will drop further on Wednesday night, to as low as minus 7C (19.4F), with clear skies causing wet surfaces to “freeze quite readily”. The forecaster has issued its yellow severe ice warning for the south east, central and north of England as well as for Scotland from 6pm on Wednesday to 11am on Thursday. Temperatures struggled to reach much above freezing during the day on Wednesday. Central London saw its coldest day of the year as temperatures peaked at just 2.6C (36.7F) by 2.30pm, while Spadeadam in Cumbria was the coldest place during the day at minus 2.5C (27.5F) at 2pm. Braemar in Aberdeenshire was the coldest place overnight into Wednesday, with temperatures plummeting to minus 10.2C (13.6F). According to a Met Office spokesman, snow and sleet showers are likely to continue throughout Wednesday, pushing… Read full this story
- UK weather forecast – More snow to freeze flood-ravaged Britain with -1C temperatures and travel chaos
- UK weather forecast – Heavy snow to spark travel chaos as temperatures plummet to a bone-chilling -2C
- Snow is on the way today as 900-mile-wide front arrives from Greenland with ice warning ahead of -9C freeze and 232 flood alerts still in place
- Get out of Ironbridge! Police call for 'immediate evacuation' of Shropshire town as flood barriers will BURST any minute - just hours after defences failed 22 miles along in River Severn at Bewdley
- Bursting the barricades: River Severn finally begins to consume Bewdley after the Worcestershire town held out for days against rising Storm Dennis flood waters
Ice causes disruption across UK as further freezing temperatures forecast have 360 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at January 23, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.