January 25, 2019 | 01:47 pm GMT+7
A woman rides a bicycle past a typical yellow house of Hoi An. Photo by Christian Berg
Hoi An has been ranked fifth among top 10 family destinations by the international Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
Hoi An town in the central province of Quang Nam is acclaimed most for its centuries-old ambience, homes and streets, its rich culture and delicious cuisine, the magazine notes.
“This is one of the best holiday destinations for families with older children looking to immerse themselves in culture,” it says.
The magazine informs tourists that they can take a taxi to Hoi An from Da Nang City, which has an airport that receives flights from all major Vietnamese cities everyday. The distance from Da Nang to Hoi An is about 30 kilometers.
Other family-friendly destinations listed by the magazine include Dubai (United Arab Emirates), Hawaii, London (the U.K), Washington D.C (the U.S), Rovaniemi (Finland) and Nadi (Fiji).
A day with the oldest boat couple in Hoi An
This year, travel magazine Travel+Leisure has named it among the 50 best holiday destinations around the world.
Hoi An offers a twirling experience like no other
- Choosing Your Best Family Dog
- Want to Be the Best in the World at Something - Learn the Secret
- Best Boating Destinations You Ought To Go To Now
- Choosing the Best Holiday Destination
- Advice On Choosing The Best Honeymoon Destinations
- African Safari Photography Best Five Destinations
- Best Family Vacations
- 10 Best Family Activities in the French Riviera (Part 1)
- It's All Relatives- The Best Family Musical Acts
- Ecuador - Perhaps the Perfect Family Destination