Hanoi will host several art cultural performances on the Lunar New Year’s Eve. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn
Ten key streets in the downtown, including Trang Tien, Trang Thi, Hang Bai, Ba Trieu, Hai Ba Trung, Phan Chu Trinh, Ngo Quyen, Thanh Nien, Dien Bien Phu and Nguyen Thai Hoc, will be lit up with colorful lighting systems.
According to the Hanoi Department of Culture and Sports, the Hoan Kiem walking street will be decorated with fresh flowers, while decoration archways will be erected in Vo Nguyen Giap street. Hanoi will organize mobile film screenings to serve audiences in all districts and wards, especially in remote areas, industrial parks and export processing zones across the city.
In addition, the city will host Vietnam – Japan Cultural Exchange and exhibition of the cherry blossom flower at Ly Thai To statue during the Lunar New Year.
A dragon boat racing festival will be held after the Lunar New Year, from February 16 to 17.
In 2019, Hanoi will hold a host of major celebrations to lure visitors, including the 44th anniversary of the liberation of southern Vietnam and national reunification, May Day, 65th anniversary of the Dien Bien Phu victory, among others.
Earlier, on the 2018 Lunar New Year’s Eve, Hanoians and foreign visitors were treated to a dazzling firework display at 30 sites across the city. Specifically, five locations for high-range fireworks include Hoan Kiem Lake (Hoan Kiem District), Thong Nhat Park (Hai Ba Trung District), Lac Long Quan flower garden (Tay Ho District), Van Quan Lake (Ha Dong District) and My Dinh National Stadium (Nam Tu Liem District).
Hanoi will join the whole country in a fireworks display held nationwide. As announced by the authorities in Ho Chi Minh City, fireworks display will be performed at six spots on the 2019 Lunar New Year’s Eve. One of the locations will display a high-altitude pyrotechnic show at the Thu Thiem Tunnel area, and the remaining five low-altitude ones at the Dam Sen Park, the Ethnic Culture Historical Park in District 9, and other locations in the outlying districts of Nha Be, Can Gio and Cu Chi. The city intends to use private funding for the fireworks shows.
- Vietnamese people journey home for the eve of Lunar New Year
- Vietnam to enjoy 7-day Lunar New Year break
- Single? Female? Over 30? Chinese companies bring in ‘dating leave’ for Lunar New Year
- Travel in China grows over Lunar New Year holiday – and Singapore and Malaysia were among the most visited destinations: Xinhua
- Sparks fly for Lunar New Year in ancient light show
- Dancing dragons and lions ring in Lunar New Year in Argentina
- North Koreans celebrate first day of Lunar New Year
- Beijing marks third day of Lunar New Year
- Lunar New Year allows US companies to find prosperity too
- Business Remittances to Vietnam surge ahead of Lunar New Year Remittances to Vietnam surge ahead of Lunar New Year