Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chung presents Tet gifts to poor Catholic followers. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn
Chairman Chung thanked the parishioners as they founded the charity association to help difficult people and encouraged them to find way out of poverty.
Chung briefed the parishioners on the city’s socio-economic development in 2018, saying that Hanoi has contributed significantly to Vietnam’s overall development results. In particular, the rate of poor households in Hanoi decreased to 1.16% in 2018.
The Hanoi People’s Committee submitted to the City People’s Council for approval a program on supporting 200,000 poor people. In 2019, Hanoi targets to wipe out poverty with no households remaining poor. The city has also completed the construction and repair of houses for the poor, including Catholics, Chung stressed.
He added that Hanoi has allocated over VND400 billion (US$17.2 million) and mobilized more from other resources to ensure Tet gifts for poor people, social policy beneficiaries and revolution veterans. Over 850,000 people in the city have received support prior to Tet.
He highlighted the great contribution of Catholics to the city;s socio-economic development, and security and social order maintenance, Chung emphasized.
- Tearaway Presents Locations ‘Inspiring Presents and Gift’ Guide
- Research Shows That Doing a Bad Job Wrapping Presents Will Make a Person Like Your Gift Even More
- 5 Best Valentines Day Tech Gifts For Your Nerdy Love Of Your Life
- Dark Souls best starting gift and best class explained: Why Pyromancer and the Master Key are the best starting choices
- Crap Shoot: MST3K Presents: Detective
- Find the perfect gift with the help of algorithms
- Feeling slighted by traditional media, Toronto mayor Rob Ford starts his own online show
- Report: E-Gifts To Reach $36B by 2005
- Gift Cards in a Gloomy Economy: A Losing Bet?
- WestJet uses digital Santa kiosk to surprise flyers with gifts at baggage claim