Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chung receives Evans F.David, President of the Asia Area of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn
The Hanoi mayor highly valued charitable, community-based activities held by the LDS Church, which contributed to Hanoi’s socio-economic development, ensuring security and order in the capital city and promoting Hanoi’s image to international friends.
Chung added that in 2018, with the efforts of Hanoi’s people and businesses, the capital achieved sustained and comprehensive growth with GRDP increasing 7.61%, maintaining the title “City for peace”, completing the one-million green tree program in the period of 2016-2020.
In the process of construction and development, Hanoi expects to continue to receive the companions and contributions of the church community and followers, Chung stressed.
For his part, Evan F. David thanked the municipal People’s Committee for its strong support and expressed his impression on Hanoi’s growth and development over the past years.
Hoang Van Tung, chairman of the Interim Representative Committee of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Vietnam, said the Church has encouraged its followers to participate in the construction of the city and the country, and abide by law.
Especially, the Church’s encouragement on English teaching activities and religion guidance received high appreciation from the international community, Tung added.
- Hanoi mayor appreciates partnership with Lao localities
- Turkey's second 100-day action plan focuses on projects to boost production of high value-added goods
- High value seafood boosts Algarve auction prices
- Armenian, Canadian FMs highly value partnering relations between two countries
- A wild ride aboard RSAF’s newest tanker - the high-value target keeping fighters airborne
- The UK has a great future in high-value manufacturing – but changes are needed
- Police seek man over high value raid in Rotherham
- US takes custody of two 'high-value' jihadists from Syria Kurds
- Tribute paid to 'highly valued and respected' who died in warehouse collapse
- Armenia highly values close partnership with EU – foreign minister