|An aerial view of Hanoi capital city|
The resolution said that the Government’s management work will focus on improving the economy’s capacity and resilience; building a disciplined, incorruptible and action-oriented apparatus, thus creating a favourable investment and business climate for enterprises and people; comprehensively and harmoniously developing cultural and social aspects and building Vietnamese people’s capacity to meet sustainable development requirements; and actively preparing for all-level Party congresses in the run-up to the 13th National Party Congress.
The key tasks and solutions to realise the set targets include consolidating the macro-economic foundation, controlling inflation, and ensuring the major balances of the economy, the resolution noted, adding that the monetary policy must be active, flexible and prudent while working harmoniously with the fiscal and other macro-economic policies.
Additionally, the Government will take drastic actions to carry out strategic breakthroughs, restructure the economy, reform the growth model, and improve growth quality.
In particular, ministries, sectors and localities will need to strongly attract non-State capital to infrastructure development, and further associate education-training with the development of human resources, especially high-quality ones.
Some other tasks include enhancing people’s material and spiritual lives; perfecting the poverty reduction policy; prioritising resources for carrying out policies that target remote, disadvantaged and ethnic minority areas; and reforming social insurance and wage policies in line with relevant resolution of the Party Central Committee, according to the resolution.
Resolution 01/NQ-CP also required authorities to pay due attention to preventing natural disasters and responding to climate change; fighting the degradation of political ideology, morality and lifestyle; and building a lean, efficient and effective apparatus.
- The Government of Rwanda and Alibaba Group Enter into Agreements to Promote Rwanda's Economic Development
- Accountability, transparency questioned in Seven Hills economic development job creation and retention grants
- Developers warn about need for coordinated regional economic development
- Virginia economic development guru to head new Southeast Michigan business attraction group
- Cultivating new business: Norman economic development initiative includes local input
- Olmsted Falls eyes economic development for newly created revitalization district
- Onondaga County Exec Ryan McMahon to search for economic development director
- 2018 e.Builders Forum in Detroit to Share Best Small Business Economic Development Practices
- Dover embarks on economic development project
- Op-Ed: Economic Development Corporations Express Opposition of Ballot Measure 1