According to the agency, 226 new projects have been approved with total investment capital of US$805 million year to January 20, up 81.9% year-on-year, while 72 existing projects have injected an additional US$340.2 million, down 25.5% year-on-year.
Meanwhile, 489 projects have had US$761.8 million in capital contributed by foreign investors, up 114% year-on-year.
Investors have invested in 18 fields and sectors, in which manufacturing and processing continued to attract substantial attention with investment of US$1.19 billion, accounting for 62.4% of total capital approvals.
Science and technology was the second most heavily invested, with US$185.8 million, or 9.7% of total registered capital, followed by real estate with US$179.1 million or 9.3%.
Among 51 countries and territories that have invested in Vietnam this year, Japan takes the lead with US$364 million, accounting for 19% of total investment. South Korea comes second with US$349.1 million or 18.3% of total investment, while the third place belongs to China with US$307.8 million or 16.1%.
Among 39 cities and provinces having received foreign investment, Ho Chi Minh City attracted the largest portion of registered capital with US$745.7 million, or 39.1% of total investment, followed by Binh Duong with US$240 million or 12.5%, and Hai Duong with US$125.7 million or 6.5%.
The biggest-ticket projects in January include Katolec Global Logistics Vietnam with total investment capital of US$65 million by Japan’s Katolec Corporation; the US$64.89-million Sews-Components Vietnam II factory by Japanese investor located in Hung Yen province; Kyoshin project with additional fund of US$134.7 million from Japanese investor in Ho Chi Minh City, among others.
- Foreign Investment Law in Dubai
- Direct Foreign Investment Strategies
- Direct Foreign Investment Strategies - What Are They?
- Everything a Newcomer in the World of Investment Wants to Know About Forex Trading.
- Managing Your Real Estate Investment Cash Flow
- Tax Lien Investing - Keeping Your Exit Strategy In Mind
- Miami Beach Condo - A Popular Foreign Investment
- Investment Opportunities in Dubai
- Forex Investing - Risky Or Rewarding?
- Forex Trading Basics - Learn the Basics and Boost Your Profits