As the Tet holiday makes for a busy tourism season for people from China, Japan, the Republic of Korea (RoK), the EU, and the US, as well as overseas Vietnamese, the city hopes the number of foreigner visitors will rise 23.1 percent to hit 162,600. Thanks to the opening of several direct flights connecting Da Nang to Incheon, Busan, and Daegu (RoK), Osaka (Japan), Bangkok (Thailand), and Doha (Qatar), foreign tourists will now find it much easier to visit the city.
More domestic tourists are expected in the city too, especially after Vietnam Airlines rolls out its Da Nang-Can Tho route with seven round trips per week.
An array of cultural activities have been scheduled in the city for Tet, including a dazzling firework display to welcome in the New Year, an exhibition, as well as the presentation of gifts to the year’s first visitors to the city, among others.
According to Vice Director of the municipal Department of Tourism Nguyen Xuan Binh, localities, travel agents, and tourism service firms have worked to ensure social order, environmental hygiene, food safety, and good quality services.
The city has set the target of welcoming 8.19 million visitors throughout 2019, a rise of 6.9 percent year-on-year, which includes 3.19 million foreigners, an increase of 11 percent. The tourism sector aims to gross 27.4 trillion VND (1.18 billion USD) in revenue, up 13.9 percent against the previous year.
Da Nang city has been a rising popular tourism destination in central Vietnam. The online marketplace and hospitality service Airbnb announced listings of the world’s top 10 destinations for 2018, in which the city ranked fifth with a 255 percent growth in bookings. Meanwhile, travel magazine Live and Invest Overseas voted Da Nang among world’s most livable cities last year.–VNA
- Cyprus sets new record in tourist arrivals
- Tourist arrivals in Grodno Oblast up by 20% in January-June
- Artsakh sees surge in tourist arrivals in five months
- Belarus tourist arrivals up by about 20% since launch of visa-free travel
- Up to 630,000 tourists arrive in Azerbaijan year to date
- Riviera fines loutish tourists
- Man Hangs Off Brazil's Pedra da Gávea, Needs Help Getting to Safety (VIDEO)
- Accommodated tourist numbers up two percent in February
- Nearly 12 mln tourists came to Turkey in first five months of 2018: Minister
- Tourists spend 7.5% more nights y-o-y in May