Buon Ma Thuot Coffee Festival to be held from March 9 to 16. Photo: cand.com.vn
The festival themed “Quintessence of the Forest” aims to promote the geographical indication of Buon Ma Thuot coffee and raise the value of this Vietnamese produce.
Domestic coffee growers and traders are also expected to be promoted this time as well as the coffee culture. On this occasion, the organizing board will introduce the potential and strength of Dak Lak province, promote investment in coffee processing as well as other farm produce in the area.
Attending this year’s festival, visitors will have a chance to take part in the Vietnam Special Coffee contest, Buon Ma Thuot Coffee Road, an exhibition on History of International Coffee and so on. On this occasion, Miss Universe Vietnam 2017, H’Hen Niê will be present as Media Ambassador of the 7th annual Buon Ma Thuot Coffee Festival.
Coffee was first cultivated in Vietnam in 1857. To date, Vietnam’s coffee growing areas have reached 20,000ha. The country exports 1.8 million tonnes of coffee beans, raking in US$3.2 billion per year. Vietnam is currently the world’s second largest coffee exporter, after Brazil.
Vietnam exported 1.46 million tonnes of coffee worth US$2.77 billion in the first nine months of 2018, an increase of 20.1% in volume and 0.4% in value compared to the same period of 2017.
- Top Gear Returns March 12th Without That Silly Star In A Rallycross Car Segment (Update)
- Remy Ma Isn't Done With Nicki Minaj Just Yet
- A Nice Grinder Is the Single Best Way to Improve Your Coffee at Home
- Alibaba's Jack Ma Issues Dire Warning That AI Could Steal CEOs' Jobs
- America's Small Cities Are Betting Their Second Act on Festivals
- 2016 Goodwood Festival Theme: ‘Full Throttle – The Endless Pursuit of Power’
- Real Tales from Real People at a Local Music Festival
- Remy Ma's New Mixtape is a Real Bra Burner
- Coachella-Goers Are Trying to Mail Their Tax Returns From Coachella, For Some Reason
- Music Festivals Pinky Promise to Make Their Lineups 'Gender Equal' by 2022