Rep. Steve Chabot (R-OH) begged Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen on Thursday to import more low-skilled foreign workers to the United States to take U.S. jobs. Every year, U.S. companies are allowed to import 66,000 low-skilled H-2B foreign workers to take blue-collar, non-agricultural jobs. The H-2B visa program is used by businesses to bring in cheaper foreign workers and has contributed to blue-collar Americans having their wages undercut.In the midst of a funding battle wherein President Trump has demanded $5 billion to fund his proposed U.S.-Mexico border wall, Chabot asked Nielsen to import more foreign workers through the H-2B visa program for businesses in his district. The exchange went as follows: CHABOT: I have a theme park in the Warren County portion of my congressional district back in southwestern Ohio that struggled for a number of years to keep up with the seasonal demands, because amusement parks generally are open in the spring through fall and then they close over the winter. It’s a similar story that I’m sure you’ve heard from many other members about seasonal employers in their districts who are having trouble keeping up with seasonal demands. And they look to the H-2B program oftentimes. [Emphasis added]… Read full this story
- Exclusive–Jeff Sessions: Why Bring Foreign Workers to U.S. When 30,000,000 Americans Are Jobless?
- Foreign workers feel the pain of 'corona job cuts' in Japan
- Elon Musk Is Sorry Foreign Workers May Have Built His Factory For $5 an Hour
- Mitt Romney proposes a temporary pay raise for essential workers amid coronavirus pandemic
- GOP lawmakers slam proposals for guaranteed income amid pandemic
- GOP lawmakers rush to defend Flynn, attack FBI
- Congress should ban lawmakers from sleeping in offices amid coronavirus, Rep. Jackie Speier says
- Louisiana GOP lawmakers object to stay-home order extension
- GOP lawmakers urge Delaware governor to lift restrictions
- Donald Trump Brands Rep. Justin Amash a 'Loser' After GOP Lawmaker Said Trump Engaged in 'Impeachable' Conduct
Watch: GOP Lawmaker Begs DHS for More Foreign Workers Amid Border Funding Battle have 337 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 19, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.