In a meeting with Russian Deputy Prime Minister Maxim Akimov in Moscow on December 11, Minister-Chairman of the Government Office Mai Tien Dung stressed that both nations have huge potential to bolster cooperation in the fields of transport infrastructure, as well as information and technology, following the official visit of Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev to Vietnam in November.
As Russia has considerable expertise in science and technology, and holds particular strength in cybersecurity, Vietnam hopes to learn from its experience in building e-Government, Dung said.
He added that the Vietnamese Government Office is planning to build a centre to supervise cybersecurity, expressing his hope that both sides will study cooperation opportunities and transfer security technologies.
Dung also told his host of the outcomes of his working session with Russian ministries, sectors, and leading IT corporations. He said that his office and the Russian Ministry of Digital Development, Communications, and Mass Media secured a memorandum of understanding on ensuring cybersecurity in e-government development.
Maxim Akimov, for his part, spoke highly of bilateral cooperation in the context of the Eurasia-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement having taken effect in October 2016.
Currently, more than 70 million people are using e-government services. Having a wealth of experience in the field, Russia stands ready to support Vietnam in specific programmes, he stressed, adding that the country will consider granting scholarships and organising training courses for Vietnam in IT, e-government, and information safety, among others.
Dung has been leading a delegation from the Government office to Russia from December 9-12. The delegation had working sessions with the Federal Tax Service, the Federal Registration Service, the Department of Information and Technologies of Moscow, Rostelecom – a leading digital service provider in Russia, Russian Railways, RusITexport, and Kaspersky Lab. They shared experience in database management, digitalisation, and services on portals of state-owned organisations.
- Vietnam, Russia enhance cooperation in crime combat
- Bosch Vietnam, FPT IS cooperate in providing smart transportation solutions in Vietnam, Cambodia and Myanmar
- Vietnam, Russia hold fifth defense strategy dialogue
- Journalists’ organisations of Vietnam, Thailand boost cooperation
- Spotlight: Landmark gas pipeline to boost China-Russia energy cooperation
- Vietnam, Malaysia ink cooperative deals
- Vietnam, Laos ink cooperative MoU on archive
- Mongolia, Russia sign cooperation documents
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc welcomes director of Russia’s National Guard
- Vietnam, Myanmar look to foster education cooperation