Phnom Penh (VNA) – Vietnam’s Border Guard High Command and the Royal Cambodian Army have affirmed their resolve to participate in and facilitate border demarcation and marker planting between the two countries.
The consensus was reached at the talks between Lieut. Gen. Hoang Xuan Chien, Commander of the Vietnamese Border Guard, and General Hun Manet, Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Cambodian Armed Forces and Commander of the Royal Cambodian Army, in Phnom Penh on December 14.
The two sides agreed to intensify the communication work, enhance solidarity and friendship between the Vietnamese and Cambodian people and create favourable conditions for residents along the shared borderline to develop production and stabilise their lives.
They will also increase joint patrols, maintain talks, meetings and information exchange in order to promptly deal with issues relating to border security, and handle emerging problems in the spirit of solidarity, friendship and mutual understanding.
At the same time, the two sides will tighten cooperation in the fight against crimes, terrorism, drugs and illegal cross-border trading of weapons.
At the talks, the two sides also pointed out limitations that Vietnam and Cambodia need to overcome in order to create breakthroughs in the bilateral relationship for the interests and development target of each nation.
Chien briefed the outcomes of cooperation between Vietnam and Cambodia, as well as the border guard forces of the two countries, especially the recent visit to Vietnam from December 6-8 by Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Techo Hun Sen.
Congratulating Hun Manet on his appointment as Commander of the Royal Cambodian Army, Chien expressed his hope that Hun Manet will make more contributions to the traditional relations between the Vietnamese Border Guard and Royal Cambodian Army.-VNA
- Deputy PM receives leader of Japan bank for international cooperation
- Vietnam, Japan supreme courts boost cooperation
- Vietnam links trade development with social security: minister
- PM receives new German Ambassador to Vietnam
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare dev almost made a third-person Vietnam spinoff
- GameTrekking interview: "I released a new notgame from Cambodia today"
- Vietnam Cyber Troops Take Fight to US, France
- Body of British backpacker missing in Cambodia found at sea
- Cambodia, Laos Eliminate Trachoma as Public Health Problem
- Men of War: Vietnam HD trailer drops Hueys, jungle, napalm in the morning