Van Don International Airport will officially operate from December 2018
The national flag carrier will operate one return flight between Tan Son Nhat Airport in Ho Chi Minh City and Van Don International Airport in Quang Ninh daily using Airbus A321 aircraft. Flights depart Ho Chi Minh City at 2 pm and return from Van Don at 4.45 pm. The expected flight time is two hours and five minutes.
Tickets are now available at VND800,000 (USD34) each way economy class (excluding taxes, fees, and surcharges).
The route will help strengthen connections between the south and northeast Vietnam and meet future demand for the transportation of goods when Van Don officially becomes a special economic zone.
The VND7.5 trillion (USD332 million) Van Don International Airport began operation in March 2016 and is expected to go into full operation later this month, serving both civil and military flights.
With nine routes to come, capable of serving around 500,000 passengers in the first year, annual capacity is expected to be 2-2.5 million passengers by 2020, increasing to 5 million by 2030.
Van Don International Airport features support facilities, a two-module terminal, and other functional areas. A cargo terminal is expected to be built by 2030 with a capacity of at least 51,000 tonnes.
- HCM City 1 FC lifts Vietnam Women’s Football Championship trophy
- American Airlines renews push for new DFW route to Tokyo's Haneda Airport
- Cheadle: The City should re-rout the train tracks
- Polis calls for re-opening Cañon City prison as back-up to reform measures
- ‘Great American Baker’ star opens Silver City Baking in Oneida
- The Quad: How this car-obsessed city has its routes in public transit
- Paterson NJ: New drug treatment program opens in city's 3rd Ward
- BizBeat: Starbucks to open Jefferson City cafe on Valentine's Day
- Elections open for city’s public school education councils
- Dash Coffee Roasters opening Iowa City location