Paris (VNA) – The Vietnamese Embassy in France has confirmed that there is no Vietnamese citizen killed or injured in a gun attack at a Christmas market in Strasbourg, one of the busiest cities of France on December 11.
The attack happened at around 8pm (local time) during which a gunman killed at least three people and injured 13 others before fleeing the scene.
Right after getting information of the incident, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam asked the Vietnamese Embassy in France to keep close contact with local authorities who promised to update the Vietnamese side if there is any report of Vietnamese victims.
The embassy was also requested to continue keeping a close eye on the incident, while staying in touch with local authorities, thus timely applying citizen protection measures if necessary.
France’s Ministry of Interior has issued security alert 3 – the highest level of “Attack Emergency”.
Although there has been no order to close schools, markets and entertainment centres, local authorities have asked locals to strictly follow their orders and directions.-VNA
- Vacation In France
- Three Wine Route Towns in Alsace, France
- Behold Rhythmic Luxuriance On Canvas With Vietnamese Silk Paintings
- France Car Hire
- Vietnamese Art - Taking the World On Its Stride
- Tour de France - More than Just a Cycle in the Park
- Smaller Scale Terrorist Attacks Cannot Happen in the United States?
- German Memories - Attack on Roman Forces by Germanic Teutons & Cimbri
- Can a Martial Artist Really Defend Against a Knife Attack?
- How Can Anyone Take the Tour de France Seriously Again?