He revealed there will be training for the Blues squad on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, as they have a Boxing Day fixture at Watford.
The Italian also added he prefers to be working than celebrating Christmas, per Liam Twomey of ESPN FC:
“ There is no Christmas for us. We have to play every three days: [Dec] 19, 22, 26, 30, [Jan] 2, 5, 8/9. So there is no Christmas for us. It depends only on the match. If the match is in the evening, we can stay at home the evening before. If the match is at 3 p.m. or 1 p.m., we will go to the hotel, as usual.
“No, I like more to play football. I am lucky—in Serie B in Italy, we played over Christmas, and I liked it very much. In the Italian stadia, there was a wonderful atmosphere. In Italy, it’s not really very easy [to have that].“
Sarri, 59, is in his first season at Chelsea after three seasons with Napoli.
He has never previously experienced the Premier League’s packed festive fixture list, although Serie A introduced a Christmas schedule for the first time last year.
The Italian top flight now has its winter break in January.
All four of Chelsea’s upcoming league games are winnable, and they could get themselves back in the title race if they return maximum points.
The Blues went unbeaten in the Premier League until late November, but they have lost two of their past five matches to drop off the pace slightly:
The Blues are more than capable of winning both competitions, and they are also one of the favourites to win the UEFA Europa League.
- Chelsea head coach Maurizio Sarri is Juventus' first choice to replace Massimiliano Allegri
- Eden Hazard's transfer decision needs to be respected, says Chelsea head coach Maurizio Sarri
- Manchester City favourites to win Champions League, says Juventus boss Maurizio Sarri
- Chelsea routed 6-0 by Man City for biggest loss in 28 years
- Sarri ‘getting used’ to Chelsea boo-boys after laboured win
- Kante warns Chelsea to curb second half slumps
- Petr Cech Makes Chelsea Return As Technical Advisor
- Chelsea academy flop Jeremie Boga wanted by Barcelona – but Frank Lampard can re-sign him for £3.5m with transfer clause
- Chelsea flop Jeremie Boga wanted by Barcelona – but Frank Lampard can re-sign him for £3.5m with transfer clause
- Chelsea must be patient with kids or risk Mount and Hudson-Odoi becoming next De Bruyne and Salah
- Willian confirms Chelsea contract talks as Brazilian holds out for new deal amid Barcelona transfer interest
- Joe Cole hails Frank Lampard for ‘galvanising’ Chelsea and flogging David Luiz to Arsenal after Champions League triumph
- Chelsea blow as ‘Kante plots summer exit for fresh challenge’ – with Real Madrid his preferred destination
- Chelsea ‘close to £2billion takeover by Jim Ratcliffe’, say extraordinary claims on Twitter
- Chelsea want £130m for Eden Hazard
- Champions League draw pots: Who Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool and Man City could play in last 16
- PIX: Loftus-Cheek treble boosts Chelsea, Arsenal edge Sporting
- Frank Lampard ignoring 'obvious' Chelsea reports ahead of Championship play-off final
- Premier League: Chelsea held by Leicester, but point enough for third-place
- Barcelona want former Chelsea winger Jeremie Boga: Is it a wise move?
Maurizio Sarri on Chelsea Schedule: 'There Is No Christmas for Us' have 595 words, post on bleacherreport.com at December 22, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.