It could be used to fulfill a range of banking needs from registration, verification to card activation and making transactions on the phone, avoiding the need to queue at branches or struggle to find a convenient time, the bank said.
“Vietnam is one of the most inspirational success stories in Asia, with strong economic growth and tremendous potential for development,” Tengku Dato’ Sri Zafrul Aziz, Group CEO of CIMB Group, said.
At the same time, digital banking is an inevitable trend with the advancement of technology, he said.
“It will help banks reduce their cost-to-income ratio from 50 percent to 20 percent or 30 percent. Developing digital banking is a key strategy for CIMB in Southeast Asia and Vietnam is our first pilot market.”
The bank said in the next five years it would focus on improving the app by enhancing users’ experience and connecting with Vietnamese partners to enhance the eco-system of financial services for Vietnamese consumers.
Also on December 4, CIMB opened a branch on Hai Ba Trung street in HCM City’s District 3.
On the occasion of launching the app and opening the branch, the bank is offering many promotion programmes.-VNA
- – Nexon launches mobile MMORPG powered by Unity worldwide
- KickVox Takes Aim At "10 Blue Links" With New Visual Mobile Search App
- Old School RuneScape Launches Mobile Today
- Ironically, You Need A Map To Find Google & Microsoft's Windows Mobile Map Apps
- – NetEase launches mobile anime mecha shooter in Southeast Asia
- World of Warcraft spins down WoW Mobile Armory app for expansion
- Severe Weather Awareness 2018: Weather Radio and Mobile Alert Apps
- Azealia Banks Launches $100,000 GoFundMe to Sue Russell Crowe, Charging He Spit on Her
- Final Fantasy XIV introduces paid features on its mobile companion app
- Mobile Dating App Brings Out the Crazy in Dudes