The minister added that at present, Laos is exporting electricity to five neighbouring countries at a total of 4,415 MW.
The Lao government has signed a contract with China for cooperation on construction of a national electricity transmission line. The government is working on the issue with China’s state-owned power grid company and conducting technical and economic feasibility study, in the hope that the project will complete by 2019.
The governments of Laos and Thailand have signed a power trade agreement for 9,000 MW. Laos currently supplies over 4,000 MW of electricity to Thailand and expects to increase the power supply to 7,000 MW by 2020 and 9,000 MW by 2030 respectively.
Inthirath added that Laos also sold over 300 MW to Vietnam and the Lao government hopes to increase the power supply to 1,000 MW by 2020 and 5,000 MW by 2030.
Laos plans to sell 100 MW electricity to Malaysia via Thailand and the government expects to sell 300 MW more by 2020. The Lao government will sell 10 MW of electricity to Cambodia and aims to sell 200 MW more by 2020.
The Lao and Myanmar governments have signed a cooperation contract on power purchasing. The Lao government already sold 5 MW of electricity to Myanmar and will sell 100 MW more by 2022. -VNA
- A Czech Company Just Unveiled An Electric Car That Looks Retro In A Good Way
- We Will Hit Peak Oil By 2030 But It's Not What You Think
- What Could Happen To Electric Car Sales If The $7,500 Tax Credit Dies
- German Government Pushes For An End To Internal Combustion Engines After 2030
- The 'World's Fastest Electric Car' Just Set Two Incredible Lap Records
- The Home Of The Electric Car Is At War
- Smart's Vision EQ Fortwo predicts an autonomous, electric future
- Toyota Wants More Than 10 Electric Cars By The Early 2020s
- The World's First Electric Highway Is Operational
- A quarter of all cars to be plug-in electric by 2020