Seoul (VNA) – The meeting between Chairwoman of the Vietnamese National Assembly Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan and President of the Republic of Korea (RoK) Moon Jae-in in Seoul on December 6 has grabbed the headlines of the Korean media.
NA Chairwoman Ngan is on a four-day visit to the RoK from December 4 at the invitation of Speaker of the National Assembly Moon Hee-sang.
Yonhap News Agency and major news outlets – Korea Times, Korea Herald and Seoul Times – reported stories and photos about the meeting between the Vietnamese top legislator and the RoK president at the presidential office Cheong Wa Dae which aimed to discuss ways to further enhance the two countries’ bilateral relationship.
While meeting with the NA chairwoman, President Moon emphasised the importance of Vietnam to the RoK in a variety of fields, ranging from education to investment to personal exchanges, the newspapers said.
Vietnam is the RoK’s largest trading partner in Southeast Asia and its fourth largest in the world, with the two-way trade hitting 63.9 billion USD last year, they noted.
During Moon’s visit to Vietnam in March, he and Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang agreed to raise their bilateral trade to over 100 billion USD by 2020.
According to the media, Moon expressed his satisfaction with the progress the two countries have been making on various issues agreed upon between the two leaders in March, saying the relationship between Vietnam and the RoK is “very good in every aspect” and Ngan’s visit will help strengthen the already strong bilateral relations.
“There are many Vietnamese people living in Korea, and they are making great contributions to the growth of the Korean economy as well as enriching Korean culture,” the Korea Herald quoted the president as saying.
Yonhap News also posted photos on National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan witnessing the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding on an action plan towards the target of 100 billion USD in bilateral trade by 2020. The agreement was signed by Vietnamese Minister of Industry and Trade Tran Tuan Anh and his Korean counterpart Sung Yun-mo on December 6.
Ngan’s business luncheon meeting with Chairman of the Federation of Korean Industries (FKI) Huh Chang-soo on December 6 and her meeting with vice chairman of the Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry Kim Jun-dong prior to attending a Korea – Vietnam investment forum on December 7 were also highlighted in photos by the news agency. –VNA
- Trump and N.Korea's Kim to meet again at the end of February
- Small Bites: DD Mau Vietnamese Eatery is an appealingly light, fresh fast-casual restaurant
- Trump says meeting with Democrats on government shutdown was 'total waste of time'
- Vietnamese businesses to explore opportunities in Malaysia
- EVFTA puts pressure on Vietnamese firms to better competitiveness
- Iran's president taunts America over 'desperate' sanctions before leaving for UN summit in New York - as Tehran announces joint military drills with Russia and China
- Trump’s White House video games meeting has a very concerning list of invitees
- President Trump will meet next week with members of the video game industry (update)
- 'Stay away!' Iran's President Rouhani issues chilling warning to the West to keep out of the Gulf as he parades nation's military hardware - including missiles which could reach US bases - after America sent reinforcements to the region
- Who's keeping an eye on Australia's media watchdog? How the Australian Press Council failed to live up to it's lofty standards of fairness and impartiality in one-sided ruling