The event, with the participation of more than 100 Vietnamese and international experts and scholars and international organizations and representatives from 30 diplomatic corps in Vietnam, focused on regional and global experiences in settling disputes at sea, legal aspects in cooperation among maritime law enforcement agencies and promotion of cooperation among maritime law enforcement agencies. At the seminar Delivering opening remarks, Dr. Pham Lan Dung, Vice Director of the Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam, affirmed that the seminar showed Vietnam’s responsibility for protecting regional peace and security and honoring international law. It was also a place for domestic and international scholars to share views and ideas to promote cooperation for security and stability in the region. The South China Sea plays an important role in regional and global security and economic development. Recent developments in international relations in the South China Sea created favorable conditions to promote cooperation among maritime law enforcement agencies, but at the same time posed certain risks to regional security, Dung added. For his part, U.K. Vice Ambassador to Vietnam Steph Lysaght emphasized that the seminar was a golden opportunity to promote understanding of maritime security and the role of maritime freedom in global trade. Meanwhile, Australian… Read full this story
- Are Burglar Alarms the Best Form of Home Security?
- Hanoi Gift Show 2019 gets underway
- Int’l circus festival underway in Hanoi
- NA Vice Chairwoman suggests ways to promote respect for int’l law
- Vietnam calls for stronger international cooperation in cybersecurity
- Farm cooperatives can play key role in achieving $5 trillion economy: Narendra Singh Tomar
- Importer Security Filing - Start Filing Today
- India, ASEAN need to strengthen cybersecurity cooperation: Secretary MEA Vijay Thakur Singh
- Utkal University hosts international conference
- India to deepen cooperation in e-governance, cyber security with Estonia
International seminar on promoting maritime security cooperation in Hanoi have 296 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at December 5, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.