HCM City (VNA) – The National Fund for Vietnamese Children (NFVC) and AIA Vietnam Life Insurance Company Limited on December 7 handed over 100 bikes, gifts and 20 free life insurance contracts to 120 underprivileged students in Ho Chi Minh City as part of the “Life Journey” programme.
Addressing the ceremony, Vice State President Dang Thi Ngoc Thinh, who is also Chairwoman of the NFVC, applauded community activities of the AIA which has presented scholarships, bikes and insurance contracts worth 35 billion VND (1.5 million USD) to Vietnamese needy students since 2012.
In 2018 alone, the company has provided over 10 billion VND (429,315 USD) for the fund, she said.
AIA Vietnam General Director Wayne Besant said the “Life Journey” programme, which has been jointly launched by the fund and the company since 2014, has given more than 8,000 bikes to poor Vietnamese children.
On this occasion, Thinh presented the Labour Order, third class, to the AIA Vietnam in recognition of its outstanding social and charitable activities.-VNA
- How to Choose a Life Coaching Programme
- Why Would You Want to Receive Instant Life Quotes Online?
- HCM City’s District 9 to get Sense City shopping mall
- Hanoi, HCM City pay heavy price for poor planning
- Ballet Giselle returns to HCM City Opera House
- 10 Tips to Being Poor and Miserable For Life
- Is There a Poor Credit Student Loan Program For You?
- Forget the Banks, Use Peer-to-Peer Lending For Obtaining Student Loans
- College Student Loans Update - From Stafford Loans to Plus Loans
- Rising Student Loan Debt Testament to Decreasing College Affordability