Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chung meets with newly-appointed Archbishop of the Hanoi Archdiocese Joseph Vu Van Thien. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn
At the reception, Hanoi Mayor Chung congratulated Archbishop of the Hanoi Archdiocese Joseph Vu Van Thien for taking on new duties and becoming a citizen of Hanoi.
Archbishop of the Hanoi Archdiocese Joseph Vu Van Thien thanked Chung for congratulating his taking possession of episcopal seat and Christmas greetings, saying this is a good premonition for his mission as well as the relation between the Archdiocese and Hanoi’s authorities.
The chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee stressed that in the implementation of Hanoi socio-economic development tasks, the capital city hopes to continue receiving support of all citizens, including the Catholic community, in both material and spiritual aspects.
Chung also expects the Hanoi Archdiocese to educate the people, including the Catholics on law abiding mindset and comply with the Party and State policies.
The Hanoi chairman wishes Archbishop of the Hanoi Archdiocese Joseph Vu Van Thien to gain great success in his new position, and that he and the Archbishop would meet regularly to discuss issues of common interests, creating the most favorable environment for the capital’s socio-economic development.
- Jamaica: Mayor says inaugural conference was opportunity to share ideas
- Atlantic City Mayor Gilliam refects on 'whirlwind' first 100 days
- Anupama Khunjeli appointed Chief Executive Officer of Mega Bank
- Sittenfeld, Young texts: Cincinnati city manager needs counseling; mayor is a liar
- Green rice flake cake- Hanoi’s speciality
- Hanoi restaurant faces fine for putting waitresses in bikinis
- Hanoi restaurant fined $1,800 for waitresses in bikinis
- Int’l Tourist Arrivals to Hanoi +12% to 550,000 So Far This Year
- Hanoi mayor welcomes DPRK chairman
- Newly appointed Finance Minister Miftah Ismail to present budget