An open-air music show titled Chuc Mung Nam Moi (Happy New Year) will open on New Year’s Eve in District 1’s Le Duan Street.
It will feature young singers and dance groups from local cultural clubs in the rural districts of Thu Duc, Nha Be and Hoc Mon.
A music gala will be staged at 8pm on December 30 and 31 at the Youth Cultural House on Pham Ngoc Thach Street, with 30 musicians and singers performing with traditional instruments. Puppet artists and magicians will also be included.
District 11’s Dam Sen Park and District 9’s Suoi Tien Park, two of the city’s biggest parks, are promoting the holiday spirit through entertainment programmes.
Dam Sen Park’s visitors will enjoy for free a programme of music, dance, comedy, circus and puppet shows, which began on December 29 and runs through January 1.
Suoi Tien Park will offer free tickets, candy and toys to disadvantaged children from welfare facilities around the city, while young artists of the Small Drama Theatre will stage a new comedy to serve theatregoers during the holiday.
The comedy, entitled Dep Bat Chap (The Beauty) is a production by young scriptwriter and director Bui Quoc Bao, who uses both Eastern and Western styles to feature the play’s theme about urban women and social problems. It will be staged every Saturday and Sunday in January at 5B Vo Van Tan Street in District 1.-VNA
- HCM City's District 3: 18th coolest neighbourhood in the world
- HCM City apologises to local residents for shortcomings at Thủ Thiêm project
- HCM City’s authorities meet British firms to tackle business difficulties
- HCM City seeks to become logistics hub
- HCM City adds facilities to hospitals to cope with overcrowding
- Doing their civic duty: HCM City residents donate land to widen alleys
- Ground broken for HCM City’s 2nd waste-to-energy plant
- HCM City seeks to reduce vehicle emissions
- HCM City: Exports pick up 6 percent in eight months
- HCM City expects stronger economic ties with UAE