The new year is closing in and vacation enthusiasts around the world have made travel plans, and South Korean travelers have shown great interest in the central Vietnamese city. Da Nang, home to Asia’s beautiful My Khe Beach and a neighbor to popular ancient town Hoi An, came ninth on the list of 10 best places to welcome the New Year based on the booking data for December 31 collected by global online accommodation reservation provider Agoda. Japan’s Osaka topped the list, followed by Tokyo, Fukuoka, Taipei, and Bangkok. Vietnam, Thailand and the Philippines have been the most popular destinations for South Koreans this winter, based on booking increases for December, Yonhap reported citing prominent Korean travel agency Hanoi Tour. South Koreans have become among the biggest groups of visitors to Vietnam in recent years. In the first 11 months of this year 3.1 million of them came to the country, a 46.5 percent year-on-year increase, according to the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism. A 15-day visa waiver for South Korean tourists and frequent direct flights between Da Nang and South Korea’s major cities have contributed to making Vietnam’s third largest city a top draw for Koreans. It has gained… Read full this story
- Was South Korean snowboarder wrongly awarded giant slalom win?
- Report: Rams pick up fifth-year options on Todd Gurley, Marcus Peters
- Not all South Koreans are happy about unified hockey team
- South Korean skiers depart for joint training event in North
- A look at North-South Korean sports ties
- South Korean president to meet North Korean leader’s sister
- Four-time Olympic medalist begs South Korean officials to let him swim in Rio
- Winter Olympics 2018: South Korean speed skaters accused of bullying teammate
- 2 South Korean baseball players indicted in gambling case
- ‘Hey Yeong-mi’: South Korean businesses join curling craze
Da Nang a top pick to ring in New Year for South Koreans: Agoda have 305 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at December 30, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.