Date created : 05/12/2018 – 22:31 Mexico City (AFP) Mexican director Alfonso Cuaron said Wednesday his new film, “Roma,” which is generating serious Oscar buzz, will be screened in his home country’s former presidential residence, which was recently turned into a cultural center.Free screenings of the film will be held starting Thursday at the lavish estate known as Los Pinos, Cuaron wrote on Twitter.Mexico’s newly inaugurated President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador threw open the doors of Los Pinos to the public on Saturday — part of the anti-establishment leftist’s bid to “transform” a country he says has been robbed for decades by corrupt leaders.”Roma” will be the first film screened there for the public — a move that dovetails with Cuaron’s own bid to transform the filmmaking industry.”Roma” is distributed by Netflix, which is hoping to win its first best picture nomination at next year’s Academy Awards with the intimate, sumptuously filmed project, in which the Oscar-winning director revisits his childhood in Mexico City.The streaming giant had been reluctant to release its movies in theaters, given that they are direct competitors, but it is giving “Roma” a three-week theater run before releasing it on its own platform on December 14.Cuaron,… Read full this story
- Disney Family Singalong: John Stamos' Fans Surprised By His 'Dumbo' Ride Shown in His Home During Special
- After Golden Globes, comic Ricky Gervais says he would love to host the Oscars, but 'only on his terms'
- EXCLUSIVE: Brangie Bunch in lockdown! How Angie and Brad are shuttling their brood back and forth as they home school, practice boxing, make jewelry and play with menagerie of dogs, birds, gerbils and goldfish
- Amid pandemic, debate rages in Mexico: is beer essential?
- The Highs, Lows, and Whoas of the 2017 Oscars
- Viola Davis Finally Won an Oscar for Inventing Acting (and Also for
- New Mexico High Court rules against nursing home arbitration
- S.F. developer and art collector adds family to Pac Heights home
- Easy Home Improvement Projects You Can Do Yourself
- Joyful Homes: Unlock your blessings with prayer
Cuaron's Oscar hopeful 'Roma' to be shown at Mexico presidential home have 347 words, post on www.france24.com at December 5, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.