Wind turbines in the central coastal province of Binh Thuan – a locality with a high potential to develop the wind power sector further in Vietnam. “We have so far put three wind power projects into operation in Vietnam. We also expect to have another project come on stream by 2019 and do a lot more in the future”, Tommaso Rovatti Studihard, South East Asia sales director for wind power firm Vestas Asia Pacific, told VOV Online. Studihard further said Vestas is eager for the Vietnamese market with great wind resources. The country sees huge opportunities to have some gigawatts of wind power within the next five years, in the wake of the Government’s recent feed-in tariff (FiT) revision. Under the Decision 39/2018/QD-TTg dated September 10, the FiT for wind power rises from US cents 7.8/kWh to US cents 8.5 for onshore generation and US cents 9.8 for offshore, respectively. This decision took effect from November 1 this year. “We are working on a lot of activities and projects in Vietnam”, said Studihard, but noting that the power purchase agreement (PPA) between renewable power producers and the state-run Electricity of Vietnam Group (EVN) poses some challenges. He underlined the bankability of the PPA as a major challenge… Read full this story
- Stormont impasse: People power as rallies call for return of Executive
- PN laments lack of school transport agreement; calls process one of ‘confusion’ and ‘concealment’
- Power Up: Trump calls for Pelosi's impeachment as Week Three of the House inquiry begins
- 20 years on: What was agreed in the Good Friday Agreement?
- Capital’s Atlantis Energy powers up in Wales
- Opposition parties refuse to sign peace agreement with South Sudan government
- Storm Bronagh cable fire caused power cut in 852 households
- Paddy Power continues US expansion with co-operation agreement
- Paddy Power continues US drive with deal
- Both GOP, Dems Resist Anything Impinging on Their Power, Prestige
Amendments to power purchase agreement called for more FDI have 315 words, post on english.vov.vn at December 9, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.