A Vietnamese fan carries a replica of the AFF Cup at My Dinh Stadium in Hanoi. Photo by VnExpress/Giang Huy
Vietnam and Malaysia have taken different paths to the final. Vietnam was unbeaten in the group stage with three wins, one draw and no goals conceded. Then they went on to win both legs of semi-finals against the Philippines with the same score, 2-1.
Malaysia had a slow start, losing to Vietnam in the group stage. In the semifinals, they drew with Thailand 2-2 on aggregate and proceeded to the final.
After the first leg of the final, Vietnam holds the advantage of scoring two away goals in the first leg that ended in a 2-2 draw. A goalless draw or a 1-1 draw will deliver the title to Vietnam.
Video below shows Malaysian fans burning flares as they gathered outside My Dinh Stadium.
CĐV Malaysia đốt pháo sáng, hò reo trên đường tiến vào sân Mỹ Đình
- 2010 World Cup Finals Tickets - How To Get Tickets For FIFA 2010 Finals in South Africa
- Twenty 20 Cup Finals Day Will Have Mixture of Old and New
- Germany Vs Spain - Euro 2008 Final Ahead of World Cup 2010
- Can Rangers Win the UEFA Cup?
- Spanish Team Gains Victory 1-0 in the Euro 2008 Finals Soccer Tournament
- 2010 FIFA World Cup - South Africa, to Be Or Not to Be?
- The FIFA World Cup Soccer
- Carli Lloyd On Playing Every Single Match And Winning The World Cup: "It Sucked"
- A Rundown On Logistics Vs Transportation
- Tourism - Focus on Malaysia