A coach ran into a group of people on the National Road 5 in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province on December 16, killing two and injuring one
According to a report from the Traffic Police Department under the Ministry of Public Security, the accidents happened in the night following the football victory when millions of people nationwide took to the streets.
One of the accidents occurred at 3 am on Sunday when a coach ran into a group of seven young men having a party on the roadside of the National Road 5 in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province and killed two of them and injured one other.
In Hanoi, over 1,000 policemen worked through the night to ensure traffic safety.
In Ho Chi Minh City, police had dealt with 141 traffic violations and seized 115 vehicles.
- Vietnam revels in AFF Cup victory
- Traffic accidents kill 300, injure 400 during Tet
- “Human element” blamed for rise in traffic accidents
- 30 killed in traffic accidents on last day of Tet holiday
- Wanton revelry leaves four dead after AFF Cup win
- Vietnam makes history in AFF Cup win
- Vietnam brings AFF Cup within reach
- Calisto and his crew eye AFF Cup
- Vietnam to face Malaysia in AFF Cup semis
- Vietnam ready for Myanmar AFF Cup opener