On Sunday, the border guards closed the San Ysidro checkpoint in both directions both for vehicles and pedestrians.
Information about the checkpoint closure came amid media reports about attempts by a number of migrants to cross from Mexico through the barriers on border with the United States.
US President Donald Trump said Saturday that the country’s authorities, if necessary, will close border checkpoints to combat illegal immigration.
The Washington Post has reported that the Mexican authorities had agreed to Trump administration’s “Remain in Mexico” proposal. According to the proposal, migrants who wish to enter the United States for asylum from the southern border will stay in Mexico until the decision on their admission is taken. However, Olga Sanchez Cordero, senator from the Morena party and future Interior Minister (takes office on December 1) in the government of Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador. denied this information.
Several caravans of migrants from Central America are now going to Mexico. According to Mexican Interior Ministry, about 5,600 migrants from the poorest Central American countries — Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador — reached the area of the cities of Tijuana and Mexicali near US border expecting to enter the United States from Mexico to seek asylum.
Part of the migrants from the caravan returned to their homeland or decided to stay in Mexico. US authorities have deployed several thousand troops to the border to ensure security.
- What were those mysterious flashes in the desert east of San Diego on Thursday?
- Daily Business Report-April 25, 2018, San Diego Metro Magazine
- San Diego Symphony music director designate Rafael Payare is already cooking things up here
- Daily Business Report-April 13, 2018, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Foreign Investors in Your Neighborhood, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Daily Business Report-May 2, 2018, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Illegal Philly boarding house where 4 died owned by former San Diego federal agent
- LA police officer arrested in San Diego County, accused of transporting immigrants into U.S. illegally
- California Today: Members of the Migrant Caravan Await Their Fate Near San Diego
- Caravan of 1,500 migrants arrives at US border in Mexico demanding asylum
- Border checkpoint chase ends in crash
- San Diego region to receive $311 million in new gas tax funding
US Reopens Busiest Border Checkpoint With Mexico in San Diego have 396 words, post on sputniknews.com at November 25, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.