The show will reflect parts of Hanoi street life
Highlights of the 30-minute special include:
The Old Quarter
One of the most unique perspectives to view Hanoi may just be from the seat of a side-car buzzing through the city streets. CNN meets Steve Christensen, an American graphic designer who has lived in Hanoi for over 20 years and gives sidecar tours of the city as his side job. CNN rides along with Steve to get a glimpse of the famous 36 streets and his favorite street in Hanoi’s Old Quarter, where dozens of streets are named for specific crafts which were once practiced there.
Hang Ma street
Ta Hien Street
Beer culture in Hanoi dates to 1890 when the first beer brewing factory was established. CNN meets Tấn, a Hanoi local, and Brett, an Aussie expat in Vietnam, who are known for organizing one of the most popular beer tours in the city teaching locals and visitors about Hanoi’s famous cold brew Bia hoi, a beer for the people with a history dating back to wartime. CNN visits Ta Hien Street with Tấn and Brett to get to the bottom of the beer history.
Cha Ca Street
Vietnam’s incredible food culture is pride worthy. In Hanoi, cha ca is an iconic and delicious fish dish not to be missed – in fact there is an entire street named after it. CNN travels along Cha Ca Street in search for this local specialty with one of the Hanoi’s top chefs and enters the doors of Chả Cá Lã Vọng, the city’s oldest restaurant.
Hoang Hoa Tham (Bonsai Street)
This tree lined street with plenty of shade, named after nationalist hero Hoang Hoa Tham, is said to be one of Hanoi’s prettiest streets. It spans over 3 kilometres and is full of local vendors selling flowers and bonsai trees. CNN visits the street with local resident Vân Anh, who used to cycle through the road every day on her way to secondary school. ‘Street Life Hanoi’ also visits the bird market and the Saturday antique market to see why this street is considered Hanoi’s prettiest.
As one of the most famous streets in Hanoi during the French colonial period, this street was once called the Champs Elysees of Indochina. On this street, the famous Opera House exemplifies the French influence, and it is said that Charlie Chaplin spent his honeymoon in the Metropole Hotel which is right off the street. CNN gets a guided tour of the area with very special tour guides: Hanoi Kids, a free tour group which is run by student volunteers.
‘Street Life Hanoi’ is produced by CNN Vision, the global creative production powerhouse of CNN International, which brings the world’s breath-taking diversity into cinematic focus, telling stories that inspire audiences around the world.
‘Street Life Hanoi’ trailer: https://cnn.it/2RBctJF
‘Street Life Hanoi’ images: https://bit.ly/2O6g2oW
The 30-minute special ‘Street Life Hanoi’ airs at the following times:
Saturday, 10th November at 2130 HKT
Sunday, 11th November at 0030 HKT, 0430 HKT and 0930 HKT
Monday, 12th November at 0900 HKT and 1230 HKT
Wednesday, 14th November at 1730 HKT
Thursday, 22th November at 1730 HKT
- Morning exercise, fishing persist along Hanoi streets on first day of COVID-19 restrictions
- Hanoi streets turn verdant thanks to numerous trees
- Prince Philip’s peaceful passing reflects a remarkable life lived in self-effacing dignity
- Coronation Street heartbreak as beloved character exits after rejecting two proposals?
- Coronation Street heartbreak for Tyrone Dobbs and Fiz Brown as Hope goes missing?
- Real life 'Barbie and Ken' achieve doll-like looks with futuristic stem-cell injections
- Hanoi’s top spots to watch a sunset
- 5 coffee shops hidden inside old Hanoi apartment blocks
- Hanoi tourism sector strives to reach “dual target” amid COVID-19
- Party rectification becomes more urgent than ever, says Hanoi Party leader
- Hanoi men rush to get haircuts before COVID-19 restrictions take effect
- Hanoians’ life turns quiet after authorities tighten Covid-19 restrictions
- Vinhomes to officially launch The Miami subdivision in Hanoi's west
- Hanoi autistic boy wedged between two walls rescued after 26 hours
- Kindergarten wall collapses, crushes 13 cars in Hanoi
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta and his wife get personal about the pandemic in 'Chasing Life'
- Hanoi locks down apartment building over two new COVID-19 cases
- What’s Next for Fox and CNN
- Coronation Street heartache as Alya Nazir makes decision about future in tragic exit plot?
- What's in the iPhone 12? Wall Street analysts give us their predictions
Upcoming show on CNN reflects Hanoi street life have 810 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at November 9, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.