Kamal Malhotra, United Nations Resident Coordinator and United Nations Development Program Resident Representative in Vietnam made the statement at a reception given by Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Chi Vinh, Vietnamese Deputy Defense Minister on November 15 at the Headquarters of the Ministry of National Defense. Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Chi Vinh receiving Mr. Kamal Malhotra The guest congratulated Vietnam on its successful deployment of the first level-two field hospital to South Sudan, affirming that this is a milestone in Vietnam’s participation in UN peacekeeping operations. He also spoke highly of the UN and Vietnam’s joint efforts and achievements in peacekeeping operations and overcoming the consequences of war. At the reception, General Vinh highly valued the supports of UN and UNDP for Vietnam in participating in UN peacekeeping operations over the past time. He added that although Vietnam has gained encouraging results in the work, there is much to be done as joining UN peacekeeping operations is a long-term strategy. The host expressed the hope that the UN will continue helping Vietnam in building a long-term strategy on capacity building for Vietnamese peacekeepers. Translated by Tran Hoai
- U.S. Vows Support to Israel, But Russia Says Opponents 'Will Not Succeed' in Harming Ties With Iran
- Service and sacrifice of African peacekeepers ‘at the forefront of our minds’: UN chief
- This program ‘opened my eyes;’ Three former drug traffickers talk about how Operation Exit
- Hundreds rally to support Vermont children, families
- CNL Strategic Capital Announces Year-End 2018 Operating Results
- Ethiopia vows to enhance women’s participation in peacekeeping
- U.S. In Syria: Why Is White House Leaving 200 Troops Behind As 'Peacekeeping' Force?
- US to leave a ‘peacekeeping group’ of 200 troops in Syria
- South China Sea outrage: Vietnam launches stunning attack on Beijing as tensions deepen
- UN calls for support to implement Central Africa’s newly minted peace agreement
UN vows to further support Vietnam’s participation in peacekeeping operations have 310 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 16, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.