US President Donald Trump speaks during a post-election press conference in the East Room of the White House in Washington, DC. (Jim WATSON/AFP) WASHINGTON: President Donald Trump urged Democrats on Wednesday (Nov 7) to “put partisanship aside” as he bluntly warned them against using their newfound control of the US House of Representatives to tie up his administration in investigations. “It was a big day yesterday, an incredible day,” Trump said following Tuesday’s midterm election in which Republicans lost the House but increased their hold on the Senate. “I think people like the job I’m doing,” Trump told a free-wheeling news conference at the White House which featured several acrimonious exchanges with reporters. Democrats will have around 229 seats in the 435-member House, while Republicans will hold 53 seats in the 100-member Senate, up from 51, according to projections by The New York Times. Trump offered an olive branch to Democrats, praising their leader and likely next House speaker Nancy Pelosi and saying “I really believe that we have the chance to get along really well with the Democrats.” “It is time for members of both parties to join together, put partisanship aside, and keep the American economic miracle going… Read full this story
- Abhisit quits as MP after Democrats join hands with junta
- Trump urges Republican lawmakers to drop immigration bill until election
- News Taiwan president urges democratic allies for protection from China
- Donald Trump blasts 'Democrat savages' Adam Schiff and Jerrold Nadler as House impeachment inquiry moves ahead with subpoenas
- Democrats Join Opposition Coalition, Endorse Prabowo's Presidential Bid
- Trump urges 'humane solution' in Hong Kong
- Trump urges quick legislation for strengthened security review process for technology
- Trump urges General Motors to reopen Ohio plant in tweet
- BMKG Urges Papua Residents to Remain Cautious of Potential Quake, Tsunami
- CPN and AIS join hands for New Year countdown 'spectacular'
Trump urges Democrats to join hands, but remains defiant have 311 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at November 7, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.