In October alone, the country exported 184,000 tons of rubber latex worth US$238 million. China, India, Malaysia were the largest rubber importers in the reviewed period, accounting for 66%, 7% and 5% of market share in Vietnam’s total rubber export value, respectively. The nation’s rubber exports to key markets saw a decline compared to last year’s corresponding period, exclusive of India and Indonesia, which recorded respective increases of 53% and 5%. Despite positive signs in the global rubber market, Vietnam’s average rubber export prices remain low due to the impact of the US-China trade war, according to the Agro Processing and Market Development Authority (Agrotrade) under MARD. Agrotrade said China is the key tire manufacturer and exporter to the US market while accounting for 66% of Vietnam’s rubber export turnover. After the US imposed high tariffs on Chinese products, China’s rubber processing industry has been greatly affected, resulting in the reducing import of rubber raw material. To confront the situation, Vietnamese rubber producers should diversify products and boost market expansion, especially market reporting high growth such as India, Agrotrade analyzed.
- Vietnam's rubber export rises 6.4 pct in 10 months
- American Trust in Scientists Remains Stable—Despite "Demonstrated Growth" in Conspiracy Theories
- Agro-forestry-fishery export hits 8.7 billion USD in Q1
- 10-month tea export revenue up more than 14 percent
- Kien Giang sees export surge in Q1
- Rice quality key to exports
- Thailand seeks to export more natural rubber after curbs end
- Rice exports set to reach 6.5 million tonnes during 2019
- Woodwork exports soar, but it’s not all good news
- US workshop boosts Vietnamese agricultural export
Total rubber export value stable despite decline in latex have 265 words, post on english.vov.vn at November 5, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.