FORMULA 1 has announced a new Vietnam Grand Prix to be held in Hanoi from 2020.
Hanoi promoter, Vingroup, has signed a long-term deal to host the street race in the heart of the city.
Chase Carey, Chairman and Chief Executive, Formula 1 said: “We are delighted to announce that Hanoi will host a Formula 1 Grand Prix.
“Since we became involved in this sport in 2017, we have talked about developing new destination cities to broaden the appeal of Formula 1 and the Vietnamese Grand Prix is a realisation of that ambition.
“We are thrilled to be here in Hanoi, one of the most exciting cities in the world right now with such a rich history and an incredible future ahead of it.
“This is the perfect formula for Grand Prix racing and I look forward to this becoming a real highlight of the F1 calendar.
LOVE OF GOLD
Elliott gives Shattered Love Gold Cup target despite Down Royal reverse
Pakistan vs New Zealand: Live streaming, TV channel, time and team news
Man City vs Shakhtar: Prediction, tips and odds
Blues big cal
Chelsea eyeing Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson after prolific start to season
Six ways Liverpool can make Champions League knockout stages after Red Star loss
West Ham want Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan… but Maurizio Sarri blocks move
“Our Motosport team, working in collaboration with the City of Hanoi and promoter Vingroup, has worked to enable a circuit that will not only test the drivers but also ensure that our fans enjoy the racing spectacle.
“We are really looking forward to seeing Formula 1 cars speeding around the streets of this fantastic city from 2020.”
Nguyen Viet Quang, vice chairman and CEO of Vingroup, said: “We are excited to see that our work with Formula 1 to secure this deal has finally come to fruition.
“An essential part of this collaboration has been making sure that we not only showcase the city of Hanoi but also deliver an exciting race for Formula 1 fans in Vietnam and around the world.
“With the mission of ‘a better life for Vietnamese people’, VinGroup wants to bring this race to Vietnam because of the general benefits to the society such as more jobs will be created, the infrastructure of Hanoi will be upgraded, and other bigger worldwide events will be encouraged to take place in Vietnam.
“For VinGroup individually, through the F1 racing event, we are going to proclaim the first Vietnamese car manufacturer, VinFast, to millions of audiences in the world.”
- Historic Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco Historique
- Button Celebrates First Grand Prix Victory
- A1 Grand Prix
- Ferrari Looks to Impress Home Fans at Monza for the Italian Grand Prix
- Jenson Buttons Wins His First Grand Prix
- BMW Sauber Expects Good Showing At Canadian and US Grands Prix
- No Defending Race Winner For Upcoming US Grand Prix
- Honda's Frustrations at Bahrain Grand Prix
- Toyota Driver's View On The 2006 Hungarian Grand Prix
- BMW Sauber Prepares For Spanish Grand Prix
- Develop a Formula 1 Mindset if You Want to Achieve Your Goals
- McLaren Formula One - The Early Years
- Vietnam win seven silvers at Asia-Pacific Informatics Olympiad 2019
- 5 Success Lessons From Formula One
- Lesson in Mastery From the Formula One Race at the Japanese Fuji Speedway
- Sponsorship and Sports - The ING Example: Running & Formula One
- Anne Hathaway congratulates Zoe Kravitz for landing the role of Catwoman in new Batman film... seven years after she played the iconic character
- ‘Winning the case!’ Sturgeon gleefully insists SNP will break up UK with indyref2 in 2020
- Rediscovering a New World in the USA
- Chrysler Joins Paris Motor Show With New Wrangler And Avenger
Formula 1 announce new Vietnam Grand Prix to be held in Hanoi from 2020 have 623 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 7, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.