Paris-Saint Germain right-back Dani Alves is determined to play in the Premier League before the end of his career.
The 35-year-old is nearing a return to fitness after suffering an anterior cruciate ligament tear in May and expressed his admiration for English football.
Despite suffering that injury setback so late in his career, Alves – who previously turned down opportunities to play for Chelsea and Manchester City – still harbours an ambition to play in England.
“The idea that I might finish my career without going to the Premier League, it is not possible,” he told The Telegraph.
“For sure, this is the most amazing football in the world. First, because of the respect for the players from the fans, and then because of the passion on the pitch.
“If I can play, that would be perfect, but I will make it there one way or the other.”
Alves is a three-time Champions League winner but faces a serious challenge to add to that haul with PSG third in Group C behind Napoli and Liverpool.
Thomas Tuchel’s team entertain the Reds in Paris on November 28 and Alves urged PSG, who are 13 points clear in Ligue 1 with a 100 per cent record after 13 matches, to up their game in the Champions League if they are to taste continental success.
“At other clubs I have been, at Juventus, at Barca, we had two ‘ships’, one for the domestic league, and another for the Champions League,” said Alves.
“Not many teams have better players than PSG, but they need to understand the competition they are playing in.
“They are very comfortable in the French league, but they need to raise themselves for games against the biggest clubs.
“I don’t think PSG really understood what they were confronting when they faced Liverpool [a 3-2 loss on September 18]. It was like they didn’t realise who they were playing.
“They’re on their way to understanding it. If not, they will learn the cost.”
Topics you might be interested in:
Fetching more content…
Fetching more content…
- Premier League Star Denies Making Nazi Salute in Instagram Picture
- Premier League: Wolves win 3rd in a row over struggling Bournemouth
- F.A. Cup 4th round schedule, plus Premier League midweek slate
- Premier League Boxing Day Schedule December 26
- United recovers to draw 2-2 at Southampton in Premier League
- EPL: Premier League to start using VAR next season
- Nugent '21: Manchester City will claim the Premier League crown
- Chelsea vs Fulham, Premier League
- English Premier League Report: Huddersfied Town v Manchester City 20
- Samir Nasri to have medical at Premier League club
- English Premier League Wolverhampton Liverpool free live stream, watch online
- Christian Pulisic is open to playing in the Premier League
- Liverpool's Christmas lead in Premier League no title guarantee
- Premier League Wednesday: Will Manchester United Snap Arsenal’s 19-Match Unbeaten Streak?
- UEFA Champions League match day 6: Liverpool, Spurs scrape through
- Champions League draw: Manchester United vs. PSG, Real Madrid vs. Ajax
- How the Mission League’s year-end boys basketball tournament works
- Man Utd's Luke Shaw says Champions League qualification is possible
- Steve Kerr reads coaching legends to find ways for Warriors to sustain success in a league built to beat them
- Spanish league sues soccer federation over match in U.S.
Alves determined to play in the Premier League have 529 words, post on www.sportskeeda.com at November 12, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.