Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam’s U19 football squad beat China’s U19 team 1-0 in a friendly match held in Indonesia on October 14 with the only goal scored by Nham Manh Dung at the 65th minute.
The event was seen as a warm-up for the final round of the 2018 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) U19 Championship, which is schedule to take place in Indonesia from October 18 to November 4.
The championship will draw the participation of 16 teams. Vietnam is in Group C together with Australia, the Republic of Korea and Jordan.
Vietnam will face Jordan on October 19, Australia on October 22 and the Republic of Korea on October 25.
The top four teams of the tournament will qualify for the 2019 FIFA U20 World Cup scheduled to take place in Poland next year.
In 2016, under the instruction of head coach Hoang Anh Tuan, Vietnam entered the semi-final of the AFC U19 Championship and won a ticket to the FIFA U20 World Cup.-VNA
- Egypt’s Olympic football team beats Algeria in friendly match
- Virat Kohli's Special Message For Sunil Chhetri, Football Team After Emphatic Win
- Egypt to face Colombia in friendly match Friday night ahead of World Cup
- Hector Cuper to leave Egypt National Football Team
- Egypt’s football team meets Chechen leader
- Sisi to receive national football team at presidential palace
- England football fans banned from national matches after making Nazi salutes on camera
- Asian Games 2018: AIFF Criticises IOA For Exclusion Of India Football Team
- Al-Sisi meets national football team in Cairo ahead of World Cup in Russia
- Awards night for Manea Strikers football teams