Vietnam has exported its rice to 150 countries and territories but yet built a trademark for the grain. The question on how to develop a brand name telling all about the commercial value of Vietnamese rice needs to be answered by both local rice producers, and policy makers.
The quality of rice still remains unimproved much, as do the market access capacity and negotiating ability of rice producers. That cannot help quality rice of Vietnam to be recognized by consumers in other countries. These big problems must be fixed in the future.
At present, the Ministry of Industry and Trade is working on the building of a concentrated rice development plan, focusing on building a brand name for high-value Vietnamese rice and holding more programmes to promote the brand name.
It will also focus on boosting connectivity between rice producers and exporters.
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 24/12
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 26/2
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 21/3
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 17/12
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 1
- The world food market – it doesn’t make sense
- Don’t miss out on Vietnam
- Six stocks to buy now
- 45 Great Moments in Black Business – No. 31: John H. Johnson’s Enduring Lessons on Growing Black Businesses
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 3/9