At a Vietnamese-language class, First Secretary of the Vietnamese Embassy in Mexico Lam Quoc Thanh presented an overview of the origin, formation and development of the Vietnamese language.
Nearly 50 students learned Vietnam’s alphabet characters, pronunciation and basic greetings. They expressed wish that more Vietnamese classes will be opened.
Head of the Russian, Asian and contemporary Greek language faculty Ricardo Cornejo said the school will consider adding Vietnamese language into its curricula in the near future to meet students’ demand.
International and Mexican students were also introduced to Vietnam’s rice paper – a specialty of the wet rice civilization. They learnt how to make fresh spring rolls using rice papers.
On the occasion, they gained an insight into the unique culture of H’Mong people, one of the 54 Vietnamese ethnic groups via the film “Story of Pao” by director Ngo Quang Hai.
The day was part of the Vietnam Week held by UNAM with a series of activities such as seminars and photo exhibitions.-VNA
- Sports Vietnamese hail PM’s decision to relinquish 2019 Asiad Meet Le Viet Quoc, a Vietnamese talent at Google
- Sports Vietnamese hail PM’s decision to relinquish 2019 Asiad Vietnam hospital performs successful robot-assisted brain surgery
- Sports Vietnamese hail PM’s decision to relinquish 2019 Asiad Another group filmed picnicking on expressway in northern Vietnam
- Sports Vietnamese hail PM’s decision to relinquish 2019 Asiad Vietnam Q1 GDP growth slows; smartphone slowdown weighs on exports
- Sports Football inspires patriotism, national pride: Vietnam PM Vietnamese consumers warned about new e-commerce scam
- Sports Football inspires patriotism, national pride: Vietnam PM Vietnamese woman to join global community of creative teachers
- Sports 80% facilities to host 2019 Asiad available now in Vietnam Conversation with Vietnamese billionaire Pham Nhat Vuong
- The Car’s the Star: Cars of the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Friendship Four preview: University of Connecticut
- Under Armour will outfit Howard University athletic teams