MicroDragon satellite was completed and prepared to launch into space. Photo: VNSC
The information was announced at a press conference on October 18 introducing the results of the project of disaster and climate change prevention, using earth observation satellite after seven years of implementation by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) in cooperation with the VNSC (under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology).
MicroDragon is developed by VNSC researchers under instruction of professors from a group of Japanese universities. The main missions of MicroDragon are assessing coastal water quality to develop aquaculture and locating living resources, VNSC noted.
According to the VNSC’s Deputy Director General Vu Anh Tuan, after seven years of implementation, the project has upgraded and set up a warning system for climate change and natural disasters, contributing to socio-economic development and national.
Vu Anh Tuan affirmed that the synchronous investment of the project’s technical infrastructure allowed the team of scientists and engineers in Vietnam to deploy space research and master the technology, contributing to socio-economic development.
- Fruit, veggie exports likely to earn Vietnam $4.7 billion in 2018
- UGC NET December 2018: NTA releases dates of admit card, exams and shift details
- SpaceX launches communication satellite, ditches old booster
- Nestlé Vietnam launches cutting-edge distribution centre in Hung Yen
- Report: Facebook Probably Will Not Launch Internet Satellites After All
- Business Vietnam launches tracking devices on boats to prevent illegal fishing Expats name annoying habits in Vietnam
- Business Vietnam launches tracking devices on boats to prevent illegal fishing Summer vacation in Da Lat
- ICAI CA CPT December 2018 registration to begin from October 4 @ icai.org; check details here
- Drop in house building in Eastbourne, with just 30 new homes completed in 2018
- House building in Worthing at highest level in a decade, with 400 new homes completed in 2018