Vietnam has produced two vaccines against seasonal and A/H5N1 flu. The vaccines are expected to be licensed by 2019. This makes Vietnam among several countries that have successfully produced A/H5N1 avian influenza vaccines for humans.
The production of influenza vaccines was implemented by the Nha Trang Institute of Vaccines and Medical Biologicals using the egg-based manufacturing process.
Influenza is a leading cause of mortality worldwide. Seasonal influenza causes some 250,000-500,000 fatalities and up to five million cases of severe illness across the globe every year.
Vietnam’s efforts to produce influenza vaccines not only benefit local people but also provide preventive treatment for the region and the world at large.-VNA
- Influenza Vaccines Drugs Market
- Self-Balancing Unicycle Market 2019: Global Analysis, Share, Trends, Application Analysis and Forecast To 2024
- Global Self Tanning Products Market 2019
- Study: Young adults crave financial self-sufficiency
- Colorado vaccine skeptics heartened by ‘pro-choice’ Jared Polis
- HfS Research Names Reveal Group As 2019 Hot Vendor
- St. Jude gets $34.3 million grant for flu vaccine research
- Iatrogenic, Vaccine-Induced Disorders (Both Acute and Chronic)
- Daily Business Report-June 7, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Vaccines become untouchable issue in Oklahoma politics