In total, this is the 11th friendship monument built under instruction from both Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Techo Hun Sen and Vietnam Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc. In attendance at the inauguration ceremony was Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister Men Saman, who is also Minister of National Assembly-Senate Relations and Inspection, and President of the Cambodia-Vietnam Friendship Association. The Vietnamese Ambassador to Cambodia Vu Quang Minh, Consul General to Kep Nguyen The Cuong as well as a large number of Cambodian officials and people also attended the ceremony. Addressing the ceremony, Deputy PM Men Saman affirmed that the construction of the friendship monument aims to commemorate and pay tribute to the great sacrifice of Cambodians and Vietnamese volunteers who laid down their lives for Cambodia’s liberation. It is considered as an everlasting symbol of the time honoured solidarity and friendship between the two countries’ armies and people. Colonel Nguyen Anh Dung, Military Attaché in Cambodia, reiterated the two countries’ leaders agreement to repair and build more friendship monuments across Cambodia to demonstrate the friendly relations that exist between the two countries.
- Vietnam Culture Year in Ukraine starts with Lunar New Year festival
- Vietnam big winners in WCup qualifying
- Braves host inaugural Atlanta Braves Heritage Weekend
- Vietnam thrashes Macau 7-1 in WCup qualifier
- The Boss still lives in oversized monument
- Wheldon monument unveiled
- Pelicans debut new jerseys for inaugural season
- Juan: Friendship won’t Mata
- Times Square vendors honored at Citi Field
- Friendships guide Setoguchi to ECHLâ€™s Reign
Vietnam-Cambodia Friendship Monument inaugurated in Kep City have 251 words, post on english.vov.vn at October 20, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.